How to Make Perfect PROTEIN WAFFLES Savoury or Sweet
Waffles aren't just for breakfast, and they can be super healthy if you make them the right way!
Follow this simple 2 Step Recipe for perfect waffles every time. Easily make them however YOU love them:
Vegan, Vegetarian, High protein, Low Carb, Sweet, Savory, Gluten Free, Whole Grain, Whole Food, or a mix of any of these styles!
Be sure to watch the short video at the end of this blog post to see how these Fully Loaded Grilled Cheese Protein Waffles are made, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to make sure you don't miss out on any of our future healthy recipe videos, or workout videos.
Perfect Waffle Batter
STEP 1: The Waffle BATTER
For perfect waffles every time, combine:
- 1/4 cup pancake or waffle mix of any kind 🥞 I recommend Kodiak
- 1/4 cup egg whites, or flax eggs, or protein powder (my favourite is Cupcake Whey mixed in 1/4 cup of water)
- 1 egg (or more flax eggs)
- 1/4 milk (any: coconut, almond, macadamia, dairy, cashew)
- Spices to taste
For SWEET waffles add these spices/extras to the waffle batter:
- Blueberries, or banana slices
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla powder or ground up bean
- Vanilla, caramel or maple extract.
For SAVORY waffles try adding these spices to the batter:
Depending on how much more egg whites, eggs, waffle mix, and other ingredients you add into the waffle mix, you might end up with more than 1 serving's worth of waffle batter. Be sure to only fill your waffle iron 2/3 of the way so that you don't end up with spill over. It's better to under-fill a bit, than to waste deliciousness, and have more to clean up! 😆
STEP 2: The Grilled-in Toppings
Waffle TOPPINGS For SWEET waffles try using these toppings:
- Walden Farms Marshmallow Fluff
- Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- PB2 peanut butter or natural peanut or almond butter
- Fresh fruit (strawberries, bananas, etc.)
For SAVORY waffles try using these toppings:
- Sauce (marinara, BBQ, salsa, etc.)
- Sliced protein (tofu, lox, chicken, hard boiled egg, etc.)
- Shredded cheese (dairy free, cheddar, mozzarella, etc.)
- Sliced veggies (peppers, tomatoes, avocado, onion, sprouts, cucumber, etc.)
I hope you LOVE this way of making waffles.
Be sure to comment below what your favourite combination of ingredients and toppings is for your creations!
Love & greens,
Watch Me Make Savory Protein Waffles in 2 Minutes
Nutritional Value and Macronutrients
If you follow the 1 serving recipe in the video, you can expect the following nutritional value and macronutrient break-up. Remember, by simply changing if you use egg whites or whole eggs, the type of waffle mix you use, and the types of toppings you use, you can drastically change these values. I always suggest logging what you plan to use into an app like My Fitness Pal before you start making the waffles to make sure that what you are planning will meet your goals.
- 408 calories per serving
- 30 grams of carbohydrates
- 39 grams of protein
- 15 grams of dietary fat
- 5 grams of fiber
Want to learn how to use flexible dieting to reach your fitness goals ?
With flexible dieting you still getting to eat your favourite foods (aka. filling your waffles with chocolate chips, peanut butter and bananas). All that matters is that you get the amount of fat, protein, and carbohydrates that YOUR body needs.
Download the Step-by-Step guide now to figure out how much of each YOU should be eating!