Healthy Snacking Basics


I'm all about balance. Looking and feeling amazing shouldn't mean giving up all your favourite snacks/meals, or social activities. The best way to stay fit and happy for life is to strike the right balance of delicious and nutritious. Eat wholeunprocessed and colourful 80% of the time, and the other 20% of the time enjoy what you love - and no feeling guilty for doing so! 

These are my latest favourites that I always have stocked up in my kitchen for when I feel like indulging or adding an extra level of yummy to a meal without compromising my diet/fitness progress.

❣️ Current favourite snacks for when I'm on the go or craving something a little sweet...or a lot sweet!
🔍 Click on items to be linked to them on Amazon.

Would you like to learn how you can use Flexible Dieting to reach your fitness goals while still eating your favourite foods?

Enter your e-mail to get your free starter pack


Buff bake

I love this stuff on bread, bagels, waffles...and usually just by itself on a spoon.

Marshmallow Dip

I F$@#'n love this stuff all over my waffles, pancakes, ice cream, or even just fruit (bananas!).


Kodiak Pancakes

I'm a pancake and waffle addict! Check out the Active K sweet or savoury waffle guide and start making healthy and macro friendly waffles for any meal of the day.

Coconut OIl

The uses for coconut oil and endless. It's antibacterial and has so many amazing qualities. My favourite is doing a face mask with it after washing. I then place a hot damp towel on my face for a few minutes, and use it to wipe off any excess oil. Doing this before sleep always guarantees a super soft and clean face in the morning.


Dark Chocolate Almonds

Okay, I'll admit it - I am addicted to dark chocolate covered almonds. This is probably my favourite guilty pleasure! Luckily, having a handful of these right before or after a workout actually isn't so bad! As most of you know, almonds are amazing for your health, full of protein and healthy fats. Dark chocolate is also full of antioxidants, so having a small portion every day is actually a great treat!

Seasoned Seaweed Laver

If you like sushi, you'll LOVE this snack. Seaweed laver is a lot like a chip : it's salty, it's crunchy, and it even comes in different flavours! I love seaweed laver as a snack because it absolutely satisfies the snacking crave, and it's full of iodine: something most of us that don't live near an ocean are deficient of. 


Organic Cacao Nibs

When I crave chocolate, these little dudes go well in pancakes, waffles, on top of protein ice cream... anywhere. Cacao nibs are great for cooking and baking, so try them in your banana muffins!

Jumbo Pumpkin Seeds

Pumpkin seeds are an amazing food! They're rich in manganese, magnesium, copper, protein, zinc, and much more. Better yet, they're absolutely delicious on top of cereal, yogurt, or some sugar-free or protein ice cream. YUM


Walden Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup

I swear this stuff tastes like the real thing! I'm not even going to ask how there's no calories! It's amazing on pancakes, waffles, egg whites, oatmeal, cauliflower eggs, etc. Of course don't go too crazy with it, and try to leave it as a treat once a week.

Grain Free Protein Bread

Who doesn't love bread?! Bread is definitely one of my favourite breakfast and lunch foods, but it's usually very high in carbohydrates, so this is a great option. I usually will have half of one slice toasted with some avocado & egg on top. DROOL


Quest Nutrition Protein Chips

The first time I tried these protein chips, I absolutely could not believe what I was eating! They taste so good (my favourite is sour cream), and have only 4 gram or carbs, 130 calories, and yet they have 22 grams of protein! They are so insanely delicious, and I'm not even normally a chip person.

Quest Nutrition Cravings Cups

Protein Reese Peanut butter cups. That is all I'm going to say. These literally taste just like peanut butter cups, only you won't hate yourself after eating them. You can even make them pretty easily at home: all you need to do is add peanut butter protein powder to peanut butter, shape into pucks, and dip the pucks into chocolate.

Have YOU tried any of these snacks or ingredients?

Comment below what your favourite things to snack on!

Reviews, NutritionAnia Kats